Caltrax Inc. is always keen on hearing from potential candidates interested in working with our company. We are consistently hiring excellent employees to join our team and we would love to hear from you. Below you will see current opportunities available, as well as a questionnaire at the bottom to help us further understand your experience and interest in our company. Please view our current opportunities below and fill out the form if you are interested in connecting with us. We’ll look forward to speaking with you soon.
We are currently recruiting the following positions:
Facility Operations Manager (NOC 0714)
Caltrax Inc. is looking for a Facility Operations Manager to join our team. The Facility Operations Manager will lead a team of Supervisors and monitor, direct and coordinate operations at the repair facility to ensure optimum efficiency and economy of operation. The responsibilities will include but are not limited to managing and overseeing overall plant operations including production, materials, quality assurance and control. The PM will report to and liaise with the President and be involved in decision making and operational effectiveness at the repair facility.
Caltrax has been in business in Calgary since 1991 as a full-service independent railcar repair facility. Our vision is to be a recognized leader in the Railcar industry and a trusted source for our employees, our customers and our vendors.
Check out our website www.caltrax.ca for more details.
Salary range: $82,285- $120,233 commensurate with experience
Business Address: 1805 – 30 Ave SE Calgary, AB T2G 4X8
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Location of Work: Calgary, AB
Title of Position: Facility Operations Manager
Benefits: Profit sharing, Health, Dental, & Vision, Short – & Long – Term Disability, RRSP Matching, Fitness and Boot allowance, Company cell phone Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, plan, organize, direct, oversee and control work all operations at the Calgary repair facility in accordance with our company’s policies, procedures, industry best practices and all applicable laws
- Plan, assign and direct work and projects, appraising performance, and leadership of Caltrax’s operation
- Lead a team of staff at the Calgary repair facility by providing ongoing performance management, training and supervision, including Supervisors
- Monitor operations to enhance productivity, effectiveness, efficiencies, and quality.
- Ensure staff implements and follows company-wide initiatives, policies, and practices
- Ensure that best practices to protect worker safety, worker health and the environment of the facility are at all times followed
- Use hands-on leadership to facilitate growth among the team and company growth
- Interact with administrative support, review daily activity, operating, sales, and inventory reports to determine changes that need to be made in the facility
- Participate in local business and civic organizations to enhance the reputation of our business in the community we operate, attract and retain employees, and add value to the community
- Ensure work meets Association of American Railroads (AAR) requirements and quality standards
- Communicate on a regular basis with the company’s President to ensure company-wide goals are met
Required Knowledge and Skills In order to perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual will possess the following knowledge, characteristics, skills and/or abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of the railcar repair industry, and general railcar repair procedures and work practices
- Knowledge of Federal Railroad Administration and Association of American Railroads regulations and rules
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, particularly with respect to our company’s industry and applicable workplace laws (safety, privacy, employment/labour standards)
- Excellent communication skills: must be able to speak and write in English
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, collect and interpret data, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategies into operational objectives and projects
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels and in support of customer relations
- Strong analytical skills, self-motivated, and excellent organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
Required Education and Experience
- Completion of a college or university program in business administration or in a discipline related to facility operation and maintenance OR an equivalent combination of technical training and industry experience in rail car fleet maintenance management
- Five (5) years minimum successful management experience managing a railcar repair facility with tank car certification and well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Several years of experience required in rail operation, manufacturing, and services
- Several years of experience developing and managing Mobile Repair crews
Working Conditions With the exception of clerical, administrative, and some management positions, which require indoor work, the physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, dry/arid and dusty conditions. Position consists of 90% indoor and 10% outdoor (when required to meet with customers or inspectors onsite Caltrax or on another site. Employees are required to use personal protective equipment as environmental conditions dictate. Position may require 10-15% travel within AB, SK, & BC to customer and mobile sites.