JOBS AND CAREER IN THE RAILWAY INDUSTRY
We are always looking for new people who can bring knowledge and experience to the company. If you think you are this person, we want to meet you.
Below, you can consult the available positions, and a questionnaire to help us further understand your experience, and your interest in Caltrax Inc.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Valve Technicians;
- Heavy Duty Mechanics;
- Blasters & Painters.
Find us here on Indeed:
[Leadership values: Service, Passion, Vision and Integrity]
Locomotive Mechanic - 2022-12-01
Specializing in propulsion system conversion, refurbishment, repair and modernization of locomotives, passenger trains and freight cars, CAD Rail Industries is currently looking for a locomotive mechanic.
Roles and responsibilities
- Repair, recondition and rebuild diesel engines, water pumps, oil pumps and radiators;
- Install large components such as gearboxes, pumps, motors or hydraulic components;
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, installations or components, using manual or mechanical tools;
- Test repaired equipment to ensure that it is functioning properly and that repairs are in accordance with customer requirements;
- Perform other routine maintenance work;
- Maintain accessories and work tools;
- Move and align sub-assemblies and components using lifting and transport equipment, including overhead cranes;
- Check the quality of the work.
- Hold a DEP in industrial mechanics / diesel or DEP heavy vehicle;
- Professional experience with heavy vehicles / Diesel;
- Professional experience on locomotives would be an asset;
- Experience with precision instruments (micrometer, vernier, etc.);
Skills and competences
- Ability to read blueprints and perform basic calculations;
- Manual skills for mechanics;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Be willing to learn and develop skills;
- Be able to read procedures in English;
- Be in good physical condition and be prepared to work in difficult conditions: heat and cold, noise, dust, odors, confined spaces and in heights;
- Be flexible about the tasks to be accomplished;
- Ability to stand up and lift moderately heavy loads;
- Be available to work various shifts (day or evening);
- Have a functional level in English (spoken and read).
The masculine generic is used in this text only for the purpose of lightening the form and making it easier to read.